Sunday, February 2, 2014

Devasting...

I had a lengthy review for The Invisible Woman stored up in my head after being out all day at my not-so-local art house theatre, but I can't remember a word of it having just sat down at my computer to read this unbearable news. How can I write about anything else tonight? This is a deeply unhappy day.
I ordinarily avoid posting about celebrity deaths because it would just make me too sad and too often. But this abrupt tragedy simply cannot go without mentioning. Philip Seymour Hoffman was among the elite actors of our age. He earned four Oscar nominations, one win (Capote), and delivered countless other outstanding performances in the mere 46 years he had on this earth, and all signs indicate that he had no intention of slowing down. I honestly cannot think of a single role he played in which he was not great. The filmmaking community has lost an invaluable and irreplaceable member.

2 comments:

  1. I guess his chances for "A Most Wanted Man" in the 2014/15 awards season are much higher now...

    ReplyDelete